The Friends of the Brookfield Library continue their annual Spring Garden Talk with an emphasis on small fruit gardening this year.
Bob Barthel of Barthel Fruit Farm in Mequon will stop by the library on April 3, 2014, at 7 PM in the Community Room. The Barthel Farm, which is over 100 years old, produces apples, strawberries, pumpkins, and pears. His state of the art systems for monitoring insects, disease and environmental conditions have been installed at the farm. Their methods are practical and economical, as well as environmentally sound. Bob knows his farming has an impact on the customer, his employees, and most importantly, his crops. One person on their staff has a Ph.D. in insect biology and is an expert in controlling apple insect pests without chemicals. Their "Integrated Pest Management System" has cut pesticide use by over 50%. Currently, Bob is farming 30 acres of orchard, 15 acres of strawberries, and 40 acres of various fruit and field crops. Growing healthy fruit is Barthel’s long-time heritage. Don’t miss this interesting and informative presentation given by one of the experts in our area on growing healthy fruits.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility