UPAF Holds Inaugural Westside Campaign Kickoff in Brookfield, Announces $1.5 million Goal for Waukesha County
The United Performing Arts Fund (UPAF) announced today its 2014 Campaign Westside goal of $1.5 million, which rolls into the total campaign goal of $11.7 million. The announcement was made at UPAF’s inaugural Westside Campaign Kickoff. The event, sponsored by Actuant Corporation, was held at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield in partnership with the Waukesha County Business Alliance . Several UPAF Affiliates reside in Waukesha County, and many UPAF Member Groups not only perform on the Westside, but also deliver arts education programming to almost 50,000 children.
UPAF’s 2014 Campaign Co-Chairs are Robert Arzbaecher, chairman of Actuant Corporation; Therese Burkhart, community volunteer; and Glen Hackmann, vice chairman of Robert W. Baird & Co.
“During the 2013 UPAF Campaign, UPAF was able to raise Waukesha County gifts by 13%,” commented Therese Burkhart, 2014 UPAF Co-Chair. “For the 2014 Campaign, UPAF aims to continue growing our relationships with Westside individuals and businesses by emphasizing the effect UPAF-sponsored performing arts organizations have on all of Southeastern Wisconsin. UPAF funding contributes to world-class entertainment only 30 minutes away from Waukesha County residences.”
The Westside Kickoff offered performances from three UPAF Member Groups: Danceworks, First Stage and Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. Wisconsin Philharmonic, a Waukesha-based UPAF Affiliate, also performed at the event. As a 2014 Campaign incentive, gifts from new Workplace Giving Campaigns in Waukesha County will be matched by the Arzbaecher Family Foundation, up to $25,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Local Resident Volunteering At Sunset Playhouse
- Fox Brook Park open during Barker Road Construction
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- Autumn Harvest Bowl - Disc Golf Tournament for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- Huge Church Rummage Sale