The Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces a Mayoral Forum for the two candidates running for the office of Mayor of the City of Brookfield and a forum for the two contested county board seats in Brookfield.
In the Mayor’s race, incumbent Steven Ponto will face off against Jeff Speaker. In the county board seat race, district 9 incumbent Jim Heinrich will face off against Michael Starich and for district 8, incumbent Patricia Haukohl will face off against Eric Highum. At time of release of this announcement, all candidates have confirmed attendance except for Michael Starich. The mayoral and county board general election will be April 1, 2014.
The Mayoral forum will be held at the City of Brookfield Safety Building, 2100 N. Calhoun Road, Brookfield, on Thursday, March 13, from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. The county board seat forum will be held immediately following, from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Moderator for the forum will be Steve Kohlmann, Executive Director for IBAW (Independent Business Association of Wisconsin).
The Chamber will accept questions, submitted in advance via email, for the candidates. Questions must be sent to Carol White at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “FORUM” in the subject line. Time permitting, questions will be accepted in writing the night of the event.
This event is sponsored by Herzing University, the 2014 Legislative Sponsor for the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce.
The Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce is the leading business organization representing the interests of business in Brookfield and the surrounding area. GBCC operates with an active committee structure of chamber board members and committed chamber members. GBCC also recognizes the value in creating collaborative partnerships with other chambers in Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties. These partnerships expand the reach, influence, and visibility of the Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce and provide additional benefits to its membership
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Comedy for a Cause Benefits Fight Against Ovarian Cancer
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm