Did you ever think of parenting as a leadership role? Well, it is whether you do it by default or by design. There are two things I know for sure about leading your children as a parent. They are:
1. No parent is born with great leadership skills, they must be learned.
2. Being a parent is the most important leadership role you will ever play.
You will have no greater influence on any other followers as you will your own children. So... what does this mean to us? It means that if we want to make the most of this incredible and important opportunity, we're going to need a little help! (Or in my case... A LOT!)
That is one of the reasons I decided to write a chapter on Motherhood as a Leadership role in this new collaborative book I co-authored called, The Female Leader: Empowerment, Confidence & Passion. I truly had no idea as a young mom that parenting would be my personal and leadership development program.
Whether you are a father or a mother, have one child or twelve (like me)... you are a leader. Are you leading your kids in a way that they want to follow you? This is the art of leadership. (And NO...it is never too late. I get that question all of the time.)
I would like to teach you this and more at my upcoming Love and Logic® Parenting Classes being offered in Brookfield.
You will also get tips from the new book I am writing called:
Parenting Tips from a Mother of 12: How to Raise Kids Who are Ready for the Real World
Join me, starting on March 4th, 2014 and sharpen your leadership skills.... for you, for your children, for your life.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company