Did you ever think of parenting as a leadership role? Well, it is whether you do it by default or by design. There are two things I know for sure about leading your children as a parent. They are:
1. No parent is born with great leadership skills, they must be learned.
2. Being a parent is the most important leadership role you will ever play.
You will have no greater influence on any other followers as you will your own children. So... what does this mean to us? It means that if we want to make the most of this incredible and important opportunity, we're going to need a little help! (Or in my case... A LOT!)
That is one of the reasons I decided to write a chapter on Motherhood as a Leadership role in this new collaborative book I co-authored called, The Female Leader: Empowerment, Confidence & Passion. I truly had no idea as a young mom that parenting would be my personal and leadership development program.
Whether you are a father or a mother, have one child or twelve (like me)... you are a leader. Are you leading your kids in a way that they want to follow you? This is the art of leadership. (And NO...it is never too late. I get that question all of the time.)
I would like to teach you this and more at my upcoming Love and Logic® Parenting Classes being offered in Brookfield.
You will also get tips from the new book I am writing called:
Parenting Tips from a Mother of 12: How to Raise Kids Who are Ready for the Real World
Join me, starting on March 4th, 2014 and sharpen your leadership skills.... for you, for your children, for your life.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Local Resident Volunteering At Sunset Playhouse
- Fox Brook Park open during Barker Road Construction