Elite Sports Clubs Brookfield hosts Laughtercize Class Feb. 22 for Families - Chase Away Winter Blues
How do you keep the blues away during this long cold winter? Gather the kids, and head to Elite Sports Clubs for a free Laughtercise class designed to shake off those winter doldrums and promote the physical and emotional benefits of combining exercise and humor.
Elite Sports Clubs is teaming with members of Pius XI high school’s comedy team to offer this laughter-inducing workout from 11 a.m. - Noon on Saturday, February 22 at Elite Brookfield at 13825 W. Burleigh Rd.
This one-hour class will be a fun-filled competition with grown-ups vs. kids ages 5-10 featuring playful fitness activities/obstacle course that incorporate music, movement, stretching and unconditional laughter. Pius XI comedy team members will serve as announcers and refs to provide a comedic play-by-play and improvisational rule and foul calling.
Recent studies have shown repetitive laughter can affect hormones in the same way that exercise can. Dr. Lee Berk, a preventive care specialist and researcher at Loma Linda University, has studied the human body's response to mirthful laughter and found that laughter helps optimize many of the functions of various body systems. Berk and his colleagues were the first to establish that laughter helps optimize the hormones in the endocrine system, including decreasing the levels of cortisol and epinephrine, which lead to stress reduction.
“Winter can be a dark and depressing time for many people which makes it harder to get moving,” said Rob Martin, a certified personal trainer at Elite Sports Clubs with a stand-up comedy background. “This one-of-a-kind class creates a great chance for adults to rediscover a child-like enjoyment of fitness while kids get active and have a blast.”
This free class is open to everyone. Non-members who participate in the Laughtercise class can pre-register by calling (262) 754-3467 and will need to show a driver’s license.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Jim and Tom Palzewicz of ActionCOACH of Elm Grove win Bravo! Entrepreneur award
- Playground at Malone Thanks All Who Helped
- Twice Baked Pottery to host Terri Lockwood for DRAW!
- Downtown Racine Art Walk -- DRAW -- Is Back!
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year