Elite Sports Clubs Brookfield hosts Laughtercize Class Feb. 22 for Families - Chase Away Winter Blues
How do you keep the blues away during this long cold winter? Gather the kids, and head to Elite Sports Clubs for a free Laughtercise class designed to shake off those winter doldrums and promote the physical and emotional benefits of combining exercise and humor.
Elite Sports Clubs is teaming with members of Pius XI high school’s comedy team to offer this laughter-inducing workout from 11 a.m. - Noon on Saturday, February 22 at Elite Brookfield at 13825 W. Burleigh Rd.
This one-hour class will be a fun-filled competition with grown-ups vs. kids ages 5-10 featuring playful fitness activities/obstacle course that incorporate music, movement, stretching and unconditional laughter. Pius XI comedy team members will serve as announcers and refs to provide a comedic play-by-play and improvisational rule and foul calling.
Recent studies have shown repetitive laughter can affect hormones in the same way that exercise can. Dr. Lee Berk, a preventive care specialist and researcher at Loma Linda University, has studied the human body's response to mirthful laughter and found that laughter helps optimize many of the functions of various body systems. Berk and his colleagues were the first to establish that laughter helps optimize the hormones in the endocrine system, including decreasing the levels of cortisol and epinephrine, which lead to stress reduction.
“Winter can be a dark and depressing time for many people which makes it harder to get moving,” said Rob Martin, a certified personal trainer at Elite Sports Clubs with a stand-up comedy background. “This one-of-a-kind class creates a great chance for adults to rediscover a child-like enjoyment of fitness while kids get active and have a blast.”
This free class is open to everyone. Non-members who participate in the Laughtercise class can pre-register by calling (262) 754-3467 and will need to show a driver’s license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield's Knights of Columbus Are Santa's Helpers for Milwaukee's Poor
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Brookfield resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- City of Brookfield's Winter/Spring Activity Registration, January 10, 2015
- Merry Christmas to the World!