The Spartans Forensics team finished in 1st place at the West Bend East Forensics tournament on Saturday. This is the team’s first 1st place result this season. The team’s 296 points was 40 points ahead of the next nearest competitor, Slinger, which came in 2nd with 256 points. Wauwatosa East 3rdcame in third with 246 points. Standouts for the team were 1st place finishes by junior Noah Haselow in Radio and senior Heather Patterson in Storytelling.
“The team is looking really strong heading into the Greater Metro Conference tournament this week,” East Forensics Coach Katie McClellan wrote in an email. Congratulations to the forensicators who made it to the power rounds!
1st Place: Brookfield East - 296 points
2nd Place: Slinger - 256 points
3rd Place: Wauwatosa East - 246 points
Individual Event Results:
2nd - Katie McKibbin and Katie Seim
Finalist - Will Bartkowski
3rd - Abby Weisse
Finalist - Anna Sipek
Moments in History
2nd - Jenna Brockman
Finalist - Calvin Osinga
OIL (Oral Interpretation of Literature)
Finalist - Joe Abolt
Finalist - Holly Muth
1st - Noah Haselow
Finalist - Andy Kalenak
Finalist - Colin Gray-Hoehn
Finalist - Zach Zandi
1st - Heather Patterson
Finalist - Kaity Kugler
Special Notes of Interest in the Results:
Congratulations to Noah Haselow and Jenna Brockman with 1-1-1 results in prelims.
Greater Metro Conference Tournament @ Marquette University High School
Saturday, February 15
Follow the team on Facebook to stay up-to-date:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland