UW-Extension in Waukesha and Milwaukee counties are offering two hands-on pruning workshops in March. Pruning workshops will be held on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at Ten Chimneys in Genesee Depot and Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 9:00 am to Noon at the Community Room at the Franklin City Hall.
Each workshop will include an indoor presentation on pruning techniques and tools followed by an outdoor, hands-on pruning component where participants will be given the opportunity to practice what they have learned. Participants should bring their own hand pruning tools and dress for the weather including comfortable shoes or boots.
The workshop will be team-taught by Ann Wied, Waukesha County UW-Extension Consumer Horticulture Educator and Sharon Morrisey, Milwaukee County UW-Extension Consumer Horticulture Agent.
Cost of the workshop is $30 for the General Public and $20.00 for UW-Extension Master Gardener Volunteers. Registration will be taken on a first come, first serve basis. Act fast if interested. Space is limited. No telephone registrations accepted. For registration information and maps to locations, go to http://waukesha.uwex.edu/2014/02/06/pruning-workshops-offered-2/ or call Christa at 262-548-7775.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. John Vondrell Receives Distinguished Service Award
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- Lorna Landvik to discuss and sign new novel Best to Laugh at Books & Company in Oconomowoc
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- Learn about Common Core Sept. 20 in Waukesha
- Pre Three Class
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Adds Jeni Manago to Team
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!