UW-Extension in Waukesha and Milwaukee counties are offering two hands-on pruning workshops in March. Pruning workshops will be held on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm at Ten Chimneys in Genesee Depot and Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 9:00 am to Noon at the Community Room at the Franklin City Hall.
Each workshop will include an indoor presentation on pruning techniques and tools followed by an outdoor, hands-on pruning component where participants will be given the opportunity to practice what they have learned. Participants should bring their own hand pruning tools and dress for the weather including comfortable shoes or boots.
The workshop will be team-taught by Ann Wied, Waukesha County UW-Extension Consumer Horticulture Educator and Sharon Morrisey, Milwaukee County UW-Extension Consumer Horticulture Agent.
Cost of the workshop is $30 for the General Public and $20.00 for UW-Extension Master Gardener Volunteers. Registration will be taken on a first come, first serve basis. Act fast if interested. Space is limited. No telephone registrations accepted. For registration information and maps to locations, go to http://waukesha.uwex.edu/2014/02/06/pruning-workshops-offered-2/ or call Christa at 262-548-7775.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- IndependenceFirst presents ‘Threads of the World’
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- BSI is Best In Show at STRUT
- Trendevous Fall Fashion Show and Beauty Event at Boston Store Brookfield Square
- American Diabetes Association's Milwaukee's Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes