Waukesha Pewaukee, WI – The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) is pleased to welcome the Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc, gathering at the Country Springs Hotel on February 10th, 2014. The event will begin at 11am with networking, vendor fair, luncheon and presentation by internationally acclaimed author Dr. Temple Grandin. Dr. Grandin will offer an educational session on developing effective employment strategies for people on the Autism Spectrum. Governor Scott Walker is invited to attend.
Dr. Temple Grandin is a doctor of animal science and professor at Colorado State University, bestselling author, autistic activist and consultant to the livestock industry on animal behavior. She created the ‘hug box’, a device to calm autistic children. The subject of an award-winning biographical film, Temple Grandin, in 2010, was listed in the Time 100 list of the 100 most influential people in the world, “Heroes” category.
Sponsors of this event include Service Master Recovery, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and Faye’s.
Autism is a lifelong neurological disorder that affects how a person perceives the world, interacts with other people, and communicates with symptoms and characteristics presenting themselves in a wide variety of combinations and severity. The Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin’s goal is to improve the lives of all affected by autism providing advocacy, support, networking and educational opportunities.
For more information on this event and the Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin visit: assew.org.
The Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) is an economic development organization that strengthens the area by attracting visitors in the convention, sports and leisure markets. Through CVB sales and marketing efforts, Waukesha Pewaukee hosts lively meetings of waterfronts, downtowns, fun and people. To learn more about our meetings visit www.visitwaukesha.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BIRCofWI Community Store: Resale, Thrift, and Gift Shop The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. is moving from Big Bend to Waukesha, Wisconsin!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Amy’s Gourmet Apples Shares The Love With Tuesday’s Child WISN 12 Kathy Mykleby & Big Brothers, Big Sisters’ Child Savor A Chocolately Caramel Experience.
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Types of Allergies
- SDNB Awarded $100K for Innovative School-to-Work Programs
- Youth Cheerleading Registration Now Open!
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness