On January 10, Tucker came in to read with the first graders in Mrs. Thomas’s class at St. Dominic Catholic School. Tucker is part of a service program entitled “Read to Rover”. As the students learn about service and what it means to be of service to others, Tucker helped them see that all of God’s creation is involved in service. We all have gifts to offer, even our four legged furry friends.
Read to Rover is a national program, which uses trained therapy dogs to listen to children read. It provides a safe, non-threatening environment for children to read without the stress of being “corrected” by a well intentioned human. Tucker was accompanied by his owner, Kaitly, Mrs. Thomas’s daughter who is studying to be a veterinarian. Tucker also helps out a the Brookfield Library in the summer as part of the Read to Rover program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Movin’ & Lubin’ to Unveil Winning Company Slogan, Celebrate Opening May 28
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters