On January 10, Tucker came in to read with the first graders in Mrs. Thomas’s class at St. Dominic Catholic School. Tucker is part of a service program entitled “Read to Rover”. As the students learn about service and what it means to be of service to others, Tucker helped them see that all of God’s creation is involved in service. We all have gifts to offer, even our four legged furry friends.
Read to Rover is a national program, which uses trained therapy dogs to listen to children read. It provides a safe, non-threatening environment for children to read without the stress of being “corrected” by a well intentioned human. Tucker was accompanied by his owner, Kaitly, Mrs. Thomas’s daughter who is studying to be a veterinarian. Tucker also helps out a the Brookfield Library in the summer as part of the Read to Rover program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive