On January 10, Tucker came in to read with the first graders in Mrs. Thomas’s class at St. Dominic Catholic School. Tucker is part of a service program entitled “Read to Rover”. As the students learn about service and what it means to be of service to others, Tucker helped them see that all of God’s creation is involved in service. We all have gifts to offer, even our four legged furry friends.
Read to Rover is a national program, which uses trained therapy dogs to listen to children read. It provides a safe, non-threatening environment for children to read without the stress of being “corrected” by a well intentioned human. Tucker was accompanied by his owner, Kaitly, Mrs. Thomas’s daughter who is studying to be a veterinarian. Tucker also helps out a the Brookfield Library in the summer as part of the Read to Rover program.
- 30 Days of Summer Yoga-A Fundraising Event
- Archery For Women
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Brookfield resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for STEM Camp project