On January 10, Tucker came in to read with the first graders in Mrs. Thomas’s class at St. Dominic Catholic School. Tucker is part of a service program entitled “Read to Rover”. As the students learn about service and what it means to be of service to others, Tucker helped them see that all of God’s creation is involved in service. We all have gifts to offer, even our four legged furry friends.
Read to Rover is a national program, which uses trained therapy dogs to listen to children read. It provides a safe, non-threatening environment for children to read without the stress of being “corrected” by a well intentioned human. Tucker was accompanied by his owner, Kaitly, Mrs. Thomas’s daughter who is studying to be a veterinarian. Tucker also helps out a the Brookfield Library in the summer as part of the Read to Rover program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- Wisconsin Singers Debuts in Brookfield
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Register now! Read It & Eat - Popular Library Program
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens