The Alzheimer’s Association, in collaboration with ProHealth Care, will offer a free program called “Behavior and Memory Changes in Your Loved One” on Friday, January 31 from 8:30 a.m. to noon at West Wood Health & Fitness Center, 2900 Golf Road, in Pewaukee. This half-day program will offer resources and education sessions for family caregivers, health care professionals and anyone interested in learning more about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia.
The following seminars will be presented during the half-day workshop:
•8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – “Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease – The Basics” will be presented by Judy Gunkel, Community Outreach Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association.
This program provides information that everyone should know about memory loss and what it means for all of us. Explore memory loss, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease. Learn about risk factors, research, treatments and steps to a proper diagnosis or assessment.
•9:45 – 10:45 a.m. – “Take Care: Caregiving is Hard Work” will be presented by Lynda Markut, Education and Support Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association. As a professional in dementia care and training, Lynda will take attendees on a journey through the challenges, changes and compassion of caregiving.
•11:00 a.m. – Noon – “Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and Its Associated Behavioral Changes” will be presented by Michael Raster, MD, Psychiatry, ProHealth Care. Dr. Raster will discuss behavior changes associated with Alzheimer’s and the latest developments in treating the disease.
The program is free of charge but registration is required. To register, visit ProHealthCare.org/classes or call 262-928-2745 and specify choice of seminars.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland