The Alzheimer’s Association, in collaboration with ProHealth Care, will offer a free program called “Behavior and Memory Changes in Your Loved One” on Friday, January 31 from 8:30 a.m. to noon at West Wood Health & Fitness Center, 2900 Golf Road, in Pewaukee. This half-day program will offer resources and education sessions for family caregivers, health care professionals and anyone interested in learning more about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia.
The following seminars will be presented during the half-day workshop:
•8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – “Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease – The Basics” will be presented by Judy Gunkel, Community Outreach Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association.
This program provides information that everyone should know about memory loss and what it means for all of us. Explore memory loss, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease. Learn about risk factors, research, treatments and steps to a proper diagnosis or assessment.
•9:45 – 10:45 a.m. – “Take Care: Caregiving is Hard Work” will be presented by Lynda Markut, Education and Support Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association. As a professional in dementia care and training, Lynda will take attendees on a journey through the challenges, changes and compassion of caregiving.
•11:00 a.m. – Noon – “Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and Its Associated Behavioral Changes” will be presented by Michael Raster, MD, Psychiatry, ProHealth Care. Dr. Raster will discuss behavior changes associated with Alzheimer’s and the latest developments in treating the disease.
The program is free of charge but registration is required. To register, visit ProHealthCare.org/classes or call 262-928-2745 and specify choice of seminars.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- United Way in Waukesha County Weekly Press Release
- Brookdale and Wish of a Lifetime™ Grant Brookfield Senior’s Wish
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22