Wisconsin Hills Middle School, Brookfield, presents Annie Jr. at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts 7 p.m. Friday, January 31 and 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturday, February 1, 2014. The show is open to the public.
The Broadway musical is based upon the popular comic strip, Little Orphan Annie. The year is 1933, and 11-year-old Annie is in the Municipal Girls’ Orphanage. With characters like Miss Hannigan, Daddy Warbucks, President Roosevelt, her orphan friends and loyal dog Sandy, the precocious and optimistic Annie sets out on an adventure to fulfill her only wish: to find her parents. Songs including: “Tomorrow,” and “Hard Knock Life,” are among the show’s many well-known numbers.
“The talent and commitment of our cast and crew is unprecedented and sure to capture the audience during this incredible show,” said Wisconsin Hills Principal Robyn Martino. “You will walk out singing all your favorites. I invite you to join me at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for this incredible performance.”
More than 100 middle school students make up the cast and crew. School and parent volunteer support is vital to making such a large-scale production a success.
“The dedication and excitement from the students has left me truly inspired and proud,” said Director Kelly Cline. “I know without a doubt, this will be a phenomenal show.”
Tickets can be purchased at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center box office by calling (262) 781-9520 or online at http://www.wilson-center.com. Tickets for Premium seating are $15; Regular seating are $10; and Balcony are $7. Transaction fees may apply when purchasing online. If purchasing in person at the Wilson Center Box Office, hours are Noon to 5 p.m. M/W/Th/F; Noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Closed Saturday and Sunday. The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center is located in Mitchell Park, 19805 West Capitol Drive, Brookfield.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- City of Brookfield's Fall Registration, September 6, 2014
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Waukesha County’s Mukwonago Park Dog Exercise Area Grand Opening Announced
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges - New Online Resources from Rogers InHealth Aim to Help
- Dominican Football
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BEACHCOMBER SALON PLANS SEPTEMBER 11TH FUNDRAISER
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters