The Brookfield Department of Parks, Recreation & Forestry is sponsoring Youth Baseball/Softball/T-Ball Leagues for children in Grades K4-8 (Grade Level as of April, 2014). Leagues include T-Ball. Grades K4 and K5; Machine Pitch, Grade 1; Junior Lakers Baseball, Grades 2-6; Rainbow Softball for Grades 2-8; and Junior Brewers Baseball for Grades 7-8. Eligibility is open to residents of the Elmbrook School District. Information will be e-mailed to past participants. Elmbrook School District attendees will receive information in the weekly messages from the District. Non-residents of either the City of Brookfield or the Elmbrook School District may apply for placement in this program.
On-line registration begins Monday, February 10, 2014, 8:00 a.m. and continues through March 14, 2014, 5:00 p.m. User name and password are required to access online registration. (Complete Household Information Form to receive your User Name and Password. No need to do this if you already have your User I.D. and Password).
In-Person Registration begins Monday, February 10, 2014 through Friday, March 14, 2014, during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) in the Parks, Recreation & Forestry office, 2000 N. Calhoun Rd., Brookfield. In-Person registration will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis, conducted simultaneously with online registration. An individual may register online and in person members of their family household only.
Mail-in or drop off registration will be accepted beginning Monday, February 10th through Friday, March 14th. Mail-in and drop-off registration will be processed randomly the next business day received. Registration forms are available online or in the Parks, Recreation & Forestry office.
Emphasis of all leagues is upon participation and enjoyment. There are no cuts or tryouts. Each player must play a minimum of 2 innings in the field at each game. In addition, all players are included in the batting order for the entire game.
T-Ball and Machine Pitch leagues will play an 8-game schedule over an 8-week period. All other leagues will play a 10-game schedule over a 10-week period, June 2nd-August 8th. Practices begin approximately May 12th. Teams will practice once a week after the season starts. Interested parents or adults are encouraged to volunteer their services as coaches. Most games will be on weekday evenings at various city parks or school district fields.
Registration fees for all leagues are $42 for Brookfield residents, $63 for residents of the Elmbrook School District, and $84 for non-residents of either the City of Brookfield or the District. A team t-shirt is included in the fee.
All registered players will be assigned to teams by the Department of Parks, Recreation & Forestry. Specific information can be found in the Youth Sports Policies and Procedures on the City of Brookfield’s website, www.ci.brookfield.wi.us
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help