The Animal Kingdom Art Exhibit – January 3 – February 20, 2014, at Unitarian Universalist Church West Community Room Art Gallery
Whether you love art, animals or both, the Animal Kingdom show is for you. Cats, horses, wolves, dragonflies, butterflies and birds are only a few of the subjects featured in this diverse and strikingly beautiful exhibit at Unitarian Universalist Church West’s Community Room Art Gallery (UUCW). Media is as varied as the subjects and includes monoprint, oil, colored pencil, watercolor and more. The Animal Kingdom is on view from January 3 through February 20, between and after church services on Sundays, at the artists’ reception on January 9, or by appointment. UUCW is located on the eastern edge of Brookfield at 13001 W. North Ave., only a few minutes west of the North Avenue exit on Highway 45.
The League of Milwaukee Artists is well represented in the exhibit which includes works by Jack Pachuda, Donna Staats, Janet Hudacheck, Mary Prince, Suzanne Eli-Germaine, Chris Sommerfelt and Art Horn. UUCW members Betty Gotham and Steven Yeo present a watercolor series on cats and manipulated nature photography respectively. Works will be available for sale as gifts or for home or office.
A reception for the artists will be held in the Community Room on Thursday, January 9, from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Refreshments will be served. The artists will be in attendance to answer questions.
The Unitarian Universalist Church West Community Room Gallery champions local and non-local emerging and established artists, and strives to build community through the visual arts. The gallery also provides a space for exhibiting artwork that grapples with issues of diversity, tolerance, and social justice, plus art that celebrates the planet and the interdependent web of all existence. Unitarian Universalist Church West values diversity and works to create peace and fight oppression.
For more information about Unitarian Universalist Church West (including office hours) see http://www.uucw.org, call (262) 782-3535, or email email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 22
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company