Woodside Elementary School students raised over $7,300 Dec. 11for the American Heart Association through a “Jump Rope for Heart” event.
Third-, fourth- and fifth-graders collected donations and worked on nine levels of jump-roping skills in their physical education classes. The unit concluded with “Jump Rope for Heart,” an after-school event. Students participated in various jump-rope competitions.
Prizes were also awarded to students for collecting donations. The two top collectors were Maeve Schummer and Leah Balsbaugh who raised $550 and $325 respectively.
Woodside Elementary School is located at W236 N7465 Woodside Road, Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CTV Easter Week Services
- Mount Mary University Offers Creative Connections Camp
- City of Brookfield's 2014 Summer Program Registration
- Community Blood Drive Hosted by Christ the King Church of Delafield
- April Math Awareness Month
- Waukesha BluesFest Announces 2014 Entertainment Line-up - Tickets on Sale Tues., April 15
- Christ the King Presents Good Friday Cantata; Easter Services Announced
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Free Community Open House
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014