Woodside Elementary School students raised over $7,300 Dec. 11for the American Heart Association through a “Jump Rope for Heart” event.
Third-, fourth- and fifth-graders collected donations and worked on nine levels of jump-roping skills in their physical education classes. The unit concluded with “Jump Rope for Heart,” an after-school event. Students participated in various jump-rope competitions.
Prizes were also awarded to students for collecting donations. The two top collectors were Maeve Schummer and Leah Balsbaugh who raised $550 and $325 respectively.
Woodside Elementary School is located at W236 N7465 Woodside Road, Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial