On Tuesday, December 3rd, twelve of our middle school students had the opportunity to attend the “Art of Writing” conference at the Milwaukee Art Museum. They were part of a group of 450 students who explored the Museum and discussed artwork and story ideas. Then each student wrote a first-person narrative based on a piece of art, shared it with his/ her group, revised, and wrote a final draft. These stories will be published in a book that each participant will receive in May!
Students who attended were: Jenna Holland, Nate Schuster, Eugenie Acra, Alex Neil, Charlie Brockman, Dylan Melotik, Anna Dugan, Silvia Iordache, Clay Lynde, Stephanie Mayer, Jon Michael Stroh, and Abby Moeller.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Homestead's Jerrod Walton selected as the top high school senior to play in the 2014 WBCA All Star Game.
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Milwaukee music group recognizes Hamilton teacher
- Spring Concert "Stars" featuring Julia Simpson
- Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Brookfield Homes
- Club plans April 24 Cousins Subs fundraiser
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- WOW Workforce Development Board Receives State Performance Award