This past weekend, Casey Crangle of Menomonee Falls traveled with Ben Askren (Coach) to Las Vegas to wrestle in the 2013 Nuway Southwest Kickoff Classic (The Freak Show). The 2-day event took place at the Rio Casino and Hotel and featured more than 2,500 wrestlers from more than 30 states. Casey entered the 143lb bracket which featured 70 wrestlers. Casey pinned his way through Saturday with 3 rounds of success. On Sunday, he continued his success and went 4-1 with only one loss in the semi-final match. He wrestled his way back to place third in his bracket beating a Nevada State champion along the way. This was a great way to prepare for the upcoming season that is right around the corner. Casey proved that Midwest wrestlers are not to be taken lightly.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive