This past weekend, Casey Crangle of Menomonee Falls traveled with Ben Askren (Coach) to Las Vegas to wrestle in the 2013 Nuway Southwest Kickoff Classic (The Freak Show). The 2-day event took place at the Rio Casino and Hotel and featured more than 2,500 wrestlers from more than 30 states. Casey entered the 143lb bracket which featured 70 wrestlers. Casey pinned his way through Saturday with 3 rounds of success. On Sunday, he continued his success and went 4-1 with only one loss in the semi-final match. He wrestled his way back to place third in his bracket beating a Nevada State champion along the way. This was a great way to prepare for the upcoming season that is right around the corner. Casey proved that Midwest wrestlers are not to be taken lightly.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Waukesha County Youth Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- Backpack Coalition Distributes 2,100 Backpacks
- Oak Hill Terrace Hosts Program "Paying for Assisted Living"