The RSVP Seniors and Students Program, a collaboration of Interfaith Seniors Programs of Waukesha with local elementary schools, is looking for volunteers ages 55(+) to assist students and teachers in our community. Opportunities include:
Tutoring students in small groups or one-on-one to develop their reading, math and writing skills. Program coordinators and Classroom Teachers provide training to volunteers and commitments can be daily, weekly, or a one-time special event.
Through the Pen Pal program volunteers work from home and exchange monthly letters with a student(s). Through the course of the year, students develop writing skills and dialog provided benefits both students and seniors.
If you have the desire, time and commitment to work with young people this is an easy and rewarding way to stay connected to the youth in our community. You may choose a time during the day or after school that is convenient for you. Schedules are planned to accommodate both you and the teacher. Please share these opportunities with family and friends alike as we are always in need of more wonderful volunteers.
If you are interested please contact:
RSVP Seniors and Students Volunteer Coordinator: Sussex and Menomonee Falls
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Winners of the 47th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest
- Festival of Trees
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor
- CARE WISCONSIN WAUKESHA OFFICE RELOCATING TO FIRST FLOOR OF CURRENT BUILDING
- Recycling of Your Used Electronics for FREE This Holiday Season
- Fill your stockings with the gift of Parks and Golf