The Arboretum senior community is hosting a free educational seminar entitled, "The Gift and Challenge of Being a Caregiver." Over 65 million people in the United States are caregivers. Are you one of them?
Being a caregiver can be the most rewarding and most challenging role you have ever had. Join us as our speaker, Adele Lund of the Laureate Group helps us to ponder:
• What should we “reasonably” expect from someone who is a caregiver?
• What keeps a caregiver from asking for help?
• When it comes to caring for someone with memory loss . . . Why is it that we are reluctant to make decisions on their behalf?
• What causes you to become overwhelmed?
And then there's the "guilt". This program will help you gain some understanding, validation, and to put it all in perspective.
The program will be held on Tuesday, November 5th from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at The Arboretum, W180 N7890 Town Hall Road in Menomonee Falls. A light supper and tours of The Arboretum will be available. Please RSVP to 262-253-0909 by October 29th if interested in attending.
The Arboretum is a Laureate Group senior community and offers independent and assisted living apartments as well as compassionate Alzheimer’s/dementia care. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry