The Arboretum senior community is hosting a free educational seminar entitled, "The Gift and Challenge of Being a Caregiver." Over 65 million people in the United States are caregivers. Are you one of them?
Being a caregiver can be the most rewarding and most challenging role you have ever had. Join us as our speaker, Adele Lund of the Laureate Group helps us to ponder:
• What should we “reasonably” expect from someone who is a caregiver?
• What keeps a caregiver from asking for help?
• When it comes to caring for someone with memory loss . . . Why is it that we are reluctant to make decisions on their behalf?
• What causes you to become overwhelmed?
And then there's the "guilt". This program will help you gain some understanding, validation, and to put it all in perspective.
The program will be held on Tuesday, November 5th from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at The Arboretum, W180 N7890 Town Hall Road in Menomonee Falls. A light supper and tours of The Arboretum will be available. Please RSVP to 262-253-0909 by October 29th if interested in attending.
The Arboretum is a Laureate Group senior community and offers independent and assisted living apartments as well as compassionate Alzheimer’s/dementia care. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aqua Sprites Cure the Winter Blues
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Natural Back Pain Relief
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- Zion Lutheran Craft and Bake Sale
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- OCONOMOWOC STUDENT NAMED RISING STAR
- Christmas Clearing Council announces Angel Award winners