Waukesha Pewaukee, WI- There’s no shortage of autumn quests in Waukesha Pewaukee, from those adventurous sorts that enjoy a good scare to those that just want to enjoy the crisp fall air.
Waukesha’s working dairy farm, Cozy Nook Farm, is open for its annual fall market with a great selection of pumpkins, gourds, squash and more. Enjoy hayrides each Saturday and Sunday in October! Need more? Just down the road is Emslie Farm offering a bounty of fall decorations along with traditional produce. Try out their corn maze, haunted barn or just enjoy their farm animals on display.
Let the farmers come to you at the Waukesha Farmers Market, located on Riverfront Plaza along the Fox River, which runs through October 26th, 8am-12pm. Also available are flowers, meats, cheeses, baked goods, local artists and crafts.
Additional Waukesha County farms include Basse’s Country Delight, located in Muskego, hosting their annual Pumpkin fest with petting zoo, sweet corn, apples and pumpkins, weekends through October. Homestead Animal Farm in Hartland offers fun for the whole family with “Under the Sea”-themed corn maze and an engaging petting zoo with miniature donkeys or goats on the grass roof.
Of course, autumn in Wisconsin cannot be with out The Elegant Farmer’s Apple Pie Baked in a Paper Bag, available fresh at this Mukwonago farm market. Never tried it? The Elegant Farmer is noted by Gourmet and the Wall Street Journal as having the “best pie in America.” Be sure to make visit before the end of October, that’s when the Autumn Harvest Fest weekends conclude. Make a day of it and take a trip back in time on the East Troy Electric Railroad, with regular weekend service to The Elegant Farmer.
Looking to add a little fear to Halloween? The Wisconsin Feargrounds is for you! Celebrating its 10th year, enjoy the fear like never before with three haunts in one (choose one or all three). Voted #1 haunted house by Haunted Attraction Magazine, you’ll have to experience it to see why.
Enjoy an unhaunted Howl-O-Ween event at Retzer Nature Center, great for kids 10 and under. October 18th, $15 per carload (all activities included).
For more information: visitwaukesha.org
The Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) is an economic development organization that strengthens the area by attracting visitors in the convention, sports and leisure markets. Through CVB sales and marketing efforts, Waukesha Pewaukee hosts lively meetings of waterfronts, downtowns, fun and people. To learn more about our meetings visit www.visitwaukesha.org.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa ESPRIT POMS (Seniors) and ESPRIT POMS (Juniors) Earn First Place and Second Places Honors at Badger State Pom Competition in Madison, WI
- FREE Parent/Child YOGA at Authentic Birth Center • Wellness Collective
- St. Matthew's Lutheran Church to Present Christmas Concert
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Edward Zapencki Continued to Collect Money From Businesses for Fun Maps He Didn’t Deliver
- Serenity Spa and Salon Provides Free Aveda Service to Breast Cancer Patients
- Kids from Wisconsin 2014 Audtions
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust Expands Dedicated Mortgage Lending Offices in Brookfield, Madison and Green Bay
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive