FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Rachel Leih, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(September 18, 2013)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Trick or Treat Spooktacular, Waukesha
We are hosting our first Frightfully Delightful Halloween party for the children and families in our program on Wednesday, October 23 from 4:30 to 6:00pm! We would love for you to be a part of the Halloween excitement! We are looking for adults to assist with serving the meal. Requirements: Time commitment for set-up, the event and clean-up is 3:45 to 6:30 pm.
Join the Relay for Life of Lake Country Committee, Lake Country
The Relay For Life of Lake Country is looking to add members to our planning committee. Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society's signature fundraising event and we are looking for Lake Country residents to help put on another great event in 2014. The event will be held Friday-Saturday, June 13-14, at Arrowhead High School. Our planning committee meets the second Tuesday of each month from 6-7pm in the Arrowhead High School Community Room. Opportunities are available for all ages and backgrounds. There are opportunities for students to gain valuable resume building experience as well.
Set Up for the Classy ARCh Affair, Dinner and Auction, Menomonee Falls
We would love your help! A great deal of work goes into the ARCh Classy Affair behind the scenes each year. The day of the event, at 8:30am, we start the transportation and set up phase. Everything needs to be transported in larger vehicles to Davian's in Menomonee Falls. We will start at 419 Frederick Street in Waukesha and have you make one or more trips to our event location. Once there, we will start set up and decoration. We will be there until 1:00 or 2:00pm but we would appreciate any amount of time you can give! For set up, volunteers will be required to take directions and must be able to work quickly. There will be many items to carry from cars to the banquet room. We would prefer volunteers 16 and up who are comfortable carrying medium sized objects.
Volunteer Greeter, Waukesha
Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that both makes a difference and keeps things simple? Consider volunteering as a Volunteer Greeter. In this feel-good position you will welcome and check clients in to our waiting area and notify staff of their clients arrival. You will also help maintain our waiting area and help with occasional administrative tasks such as sorting or envelope stuffing. This is an ideal opportunity for outgoing and friendly people who enjoy interaction. This opportunity is available with various shift options Monday-Friday. Volunteers must be 16 years or older.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help