Wil-Kil Pest Control's Brookfield Bed Bug Boot Camp September 17 to Discuss Statewide Challenges and Solutions
Menomonee Falls, Wis., September 11, 2013…Wil-Kil Pest Control will host a Bed Bug Boot Camp in Brookfield September 17 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield located at 18155 Bluemound Rd. to address the ongoing concerns and prevention methods in the fight against bed bugs. September also marks the return of National Bed Bug Awareness Month, a month dedicated to bed bug education and awareness.
“Our Bed Bug Boot Camps allow managers in the real estate, hospitality, health care, senior living and other effected industries to come together and share the most up-to-date knowledge on bed bug prevention and treatment techniques,” said Randy Allen, regional manager of Wil-Kil. “Over the past year, we have seen a spike in bed bug populations on both a local and national scale. Without the proper education, prevention is not accomplished and the spread is not stemmed. As pest control providers, we not only play a role in treating bed bugs, but also in educating businesses on the ways they can be proactive to overcome some of the challenges associated with bed bugs.”
The Bed Bug Boot Camp is from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. The cost to attend is free. Attendees will learn about the history and biology of bed bugs, the importance of inspections, various control options and prevention techniques. Wil-Kil will also explain how the company uses its bed bug scent detection canines in conjunction with its thermal remediation heat treatment services to provide the most accurate inspections.
“Using a bed bug canine, in conjunction with Wil-Kil’s sustainable heat treatment services,
provides customers with the most effective solution for preventing and treating bed bugs,” added Allen.
About Wil-Kil Pest Control
Wil-Kil Pest Control, founded in 1929, is a regional pest management company that provides quality pest management for residential and commercial properties throughout the Upper Midwest. Wil-Kil utilizes the latest technologies and techniques of Integrated Pest Management methods while delivering customized programs with personalized service. The pest control company has earned the reputation of being “The Upper Midwest’s Quality Leader” in pest management. Wil-Kil is an operating division of Copesan Services, Inc, with offices located in Sun Prairie, Menomonee Falls, Eau Claire and Appleton, Wis. For more information, please visit www.wil-kil.com and follow the company on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help