The first annual memorial ride for Scott Jeanis will be held September 8, 2013 at Elite Sports Clubs West Brookfield location - 600 N. Barker Road.
Scott, a very dedicated cyclist, instructed Spin at Elite’s West Brookfield Club for over ten years. Late April of this year, Scott was diagnosed with stage IV non-smokers lung cancer and given a limit of about 5 years with treatment. Only 44 years old and an otherwise extremely fit individual, Scott’s condition progressed quickly at the start of his chemo treatment.
On June 13, 2013, Scott lost his battle with cancer. The memorial ride for Scott will be held at 9am on September 8 in the gym of Elite’s West Brookfield club, and will run for 2 hours. Due to the amount of participants, we plan to do a bike share for half hour segments so everyone can take part.
There will be a social to follow with Caribou coffee and light treats. In honor of Scott’s immense love for animals and per his request, all proceeds will go to HAWS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust Expands Dedicated Mortgage Lending Offices in Brookfield, Madison and Green Bay
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World