The Brookfield quarry is home to a huge fish population, I know this because I have personally witnessed the catch of 40” northern, 5 LB large / smallmouth bass, 10” blue gills and 13” croppies all in an early morning adventure. This quarry is basically an untouched fishing paradise because of the limited access to the water, and it has had years of untouched fishing pressure to grow this class of fish. It is disturbing to me that MR. DNR man has not come and put a stop to the fish kill that will take place if this dump site goes through. It is more disturbing that the Brookfield parks and recreation department or local government have not taken notice to this potential park setting right in there backyard. I don’t feel sorry for the resident if they don’t stand up and fight this dumpsite, if they let this go through they will have to put up with the stench of dead fish for a very long time. Please MR. DNR man put a worm on a bobber and investigate this site; once you discover what I have you have the authority to stop this project! One upset fisherman about to lose his secret fishing hole!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust Expands Dedicated Mortgage Lending Offices in Brookfield, Madison and Green Bay
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- Master Singers Bring the Joy of the Season
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- 2014 Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show Scheduled
- Callen Construction Announces 6th Annual “Refashion for Life” Proceeds
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World