Hamilton High School speech language pathologist Jen Knapp was recognized at the Aug. 19 Hamilton School Board meeting for receiving the Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services (WCASS) Special Education Related Support Services award.
Knapp, who has been a speech language pathologist at Hamilton for seven years, was nominated by her colleagues and students. The award is presented to an individual who provides outstanding services to students with disabilities. Knapp’s nominators noted that she puts her students above herself and makes numerous contribution that have a positive impact on the lives of Hamilton students and staff.
The Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services is a statewide organization devoted to improving services to children with special needs by promoting professional leadership, providing opportunities for study of issues pertaining to special services, and facilitating communication and collaboration on behalf of special needs students.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Adults Skate Too
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence
- John Kastner of R.A. Smith National Receives Young Engineer of the Year Award
- Gary Dunco Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill