The Pewaukee Sussex United Soccer Club announced at the Aug. 19 Hamilton School Board meeting that it will provide a sizeable donation to provide soccer equipment for the new Halquist Youth Complex being developed on school district property near the high school.
Soccer club President Brian Schmidt committed to providing $50,000 in the form of goals, nets, benches and a sports waterwheel. In addition, the Pewaukee Sussex United Soccer Club will provide an annual donation to defray the cost of field maintenance when the club uses the facility.
Hamilton School District student athletes will have priority for field scheduling, but when the field is not in use, the Pewaukee Sussex United Soccer Club will have priority for field use scheduling before other community-based youth groups or out-of-district groups.
Located south of Hamilton High School off of Town Line and Silver Spring roads in Lisbon, the new Halquist Youth Complex will become a reality thanks to the generosity of Halquist Stone Company which is providing $200,000 towards material, equipment and labor expenses. When opened in 2015, the complex will provide access to two NCAA regulation size-soccer fields and three smaller soccer fields. In addition, two Little League-sized fastpitch softball fields will be created.
Schmidt said the group was happy to be able to partner with the Hamilton School District and Halquist Stone Company on the sports complex.
“Our donation emphasizes our commitment to the growth of youth soccer and the benefit this complex will have for years to come,” he said.
Hamilton School District Superintendent Kathleen Cooke, Ph.D., said the district is deeply appreciative to the Pewaukee Sussex United Soccer Club and Halquist Stone Company.
“In these challenging financial times, community partnerships provide opportunities for our students and community that otherwise would not be available through the district budget,” Cooke said. “The generous spirit of the Halquist family and the Pewaukee Sussex United Soccer Club is to be commended.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive