FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information:
Rachel Leih, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(August 14, 2013)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Backpack Assembly, Waukesha
School starts next month and some children will not have supplies or a backpack to start the school year. With your help, we will distribute more than 2,000 packs this year to students in need. We have supplies and now need the backpacks filled with grade appropriate school supplies. Help is needed between August 19 and August 23, with different shifts available each day. Hurry and sign up today, we need to get these to eager students ready to learn! Requirements: Must be 13 years or older.
Fall Plant Sale Preparation Help, Waukesha
Retzer Nature Center is in need of volunteers to help prepare for their annual fall plant sale on Friday, August 23 from 9:00am-3:00pm! Help our naturalists move plants and get them in position for the plant sale the following day. Volunteering with plant sale preparation is a great way to learn more about Retzer Nature Center, native plants in Waukesha and composting. Requirements: This position will involve the bending and lifting of plants. Volunteers must be able to bend a lift plants and should be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
Website Developer-Volunteer or Internship, Waukesha
Tutors Needed, Menomonee Falls
Make a difference in a child's life! The Seniors and Students Program offers individuals over 55 the opportunity to work in a school setting to assist teachers in a variety of tasks. Opportunities include one on one tutoring, working with small groups of students in a variety of subjects, office and clerical work, library, and general help to teachers in the classroom. Individualized placement is offered and training is provided. Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday during school hours.
NAMIWalks Walk Day Volunteers, Waukesha
On Saturday, September 21, 2013 NAMI Waukesha is holding our annual NAMIWalks event which is our largest fundraising and awareness building event of the year. We are in need of volunteers to assist with event set-up, parking lot attendants, registration, and volunteers to offer general instructions to walkers. Volunteers will be needed between 8:00am – 2:00pm. This is a great opportunity for families or groups to volunteer together!
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help