Retzer Nature Center, located at S14 W28167 Madison Street, in Waukesha, will be holding their annual Fall Plant Sale on Saturday, August 24 from 9 a.m. until noon, hosted by the Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use.
Landscaping with native plants is good for the environment, wildlife and your wallet. Find the perfect native plant and grasses for your garden with varieties including Prairie Blazing Star, New England Aster, Wild Lupine, Wild Geranium, Butterfly-weed, and many more, all that range in price from $4 to $20. Also, purchase a rain barrel and a compost bin to add to your already environmentally friendly garden; compost bins are $50 and rain barrels with diverter kits starting at $70. Varieties of bird seed will also be available for sale.
Retzer Nature Center staff members will be available to answer questions on natural landscaping, identifying plant samples, and provide the basics about home composting and using rain barrels. All products are in limited quantities and are for sale on a first come, first serve basis. Cash or check payment is preferred, but Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted. A fee is not required for entrance into Retzer Nature Center and all are welcome to attend.
Retzer Nature Center is a part of the Waukesha County Park System, which is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, call 262-896-8007 or visit our web site at waukeshacountyparks.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Operation Forward March to benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- HillYeah! Named a Silver Spokes Team for 2014 Bike MS Fundraising Efforts
- Maple Avenue earns state high progress award
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show