Retzer Nature Center, located at S14 W28167 Madison Street, in Waukesha, will be holding their annual Fall Plant Sale on Saturday, August 24 from 9 a.m. until noon, hosted by the Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use.
Landscaping with native plants is good for the environment, wildlife and your wallet. Find the perfect native plant and grasses for your garden with varieties including Prairie Blazing Star, New England Aster, Wild Lupine, Wild Geranium, Butterfly-weed, and many more, all that range in price from $4 to $20. Also, purchase a rain barrel and a compost bin to add to your already environmentally friendly garden; compost bins are $50 and rain barrels with diverter kits starting at $70. Varieties of bird seed will also be available for sale.
Retzer Nature Center staff members will be available to answer questions on natural landscaping, identifying plant samples, and provide the basics about home composting and using rain barrels. All products are in limited quantities and are for sale on a first come, first serve basis. Cash or check payment is preferred, but Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted. A fee is not required for entrance into Retzer Nature Center and all are welcome to attend.
Retzer Nature Center is a part of the Waukesha County Park System, which is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, call 262-896-8007 or visit our web site at waukeshacountyparks.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Kicks off Movers for Military Drive to Help Veterans in Shelters
- Tech Trends workshops continue on October 8, 2015 due to exceptional success
- Brookfield Chamber hosts 10th anniversary ribbon-cutting for Absolute Pilates
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post - Disc Herniation
- Dianne Gleixner Teaches Basketry
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates More Than $2,000 to Elmbrook Schools in September
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Trinity UCC Hosting "A Fair for all Seasons" Craft Fair
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers