Trying to keep cool during this summer heat wave? Waukesha County Park System has you covered with some ideas to beat the heat! Come out to one of the six beaches to take a nice dip into the cool water or head to one of the two ice arenas for an enjoyable skating experience in the chilled arena. Just remember to keep cool and beat the heat!
Enjoy the beach at Fox Brook Park in Brookfield, along the 25-acre lake. It offers a diving dock, beach house, pedal boat rentals and concession stand. Menomonee Park has a 16-acre lake with a diving dock, beach house and concessions stand. Minooka Park, in Waukesha, offers a four-acre pond with a beach house. Enjoy the view of the 16-acre spring fed pond at Mukwonago Park from the beach and beach house. Muskego Park offers a two-acre swimming pond, beach house and concession stand. Naga-Waukee Park offers many possibilities for summer fun with its boat launch, picnic areas, concession stand and beach along Nagawicka Lake.
Beach hours are from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. everyday, with lifeguards on duty daily. The Waukesha County Parks entrance fees are $4.00 per car, daily. Beach use is included in the park entrance fee. Annual park entrance stickers are also available for $28.00 for county residents, $38.00 for non-county residents and $14.00 for senior citizens.
The following are the Waukesha County beach locations:
Fox Brook Park, 2925 North Barker Road, Brookfield, Menomonee Park, W220 N7884 Townline Road, Menomonee Falls, Minooka Park, 1927 E. Sunset Drive, Waukesha, Muskego Park, S83W20370 Janesville Road, Muskego, Mukwonago Park, C.T.H. LO, Mukwonago, Naga-Waukee Park, 651 S.T.H 83, Hartland.
Waukesha County Park System offers two indoor ice skating arenas with public skating for those who want to cool off another way.
Eble Park Ice Arena: 19400 West Bluemound Road, Brookfield, hours are Monday – Friday: Noon to 2:00pm and Saturday & Sunday: 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Sorry no public skating on Saturday, July 20 – Monday, July 22 due to a special event. Naga-Waukee Park Ice Arena: 2699 Golf Road, Delafield, hours are Monday - Friday: 12:00pm-2:00pm | Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm-5:00pm.
Even though it may be scorching hot outside, don’t forget to dress for the chilled atmosphere inside the arenas, and don’t forget your socks! Adult admission at both arenas are $6.00 for adults and Junior/Senior (juniors are children under 17 years old and seniors are 60 years or older) admission is $4.50. Ice skates are also available to rent for $2.50.
The Waukesha County Park System is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, visit our Web site at www.waukeshacountyparks.com.
Photo: Lucas and Danielle Bocek, from Brookfield, have fun trying to avoid the splashes while cooling off at Waukesha County’s Muskego Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help