Templeton Middle School eighth-graders Benjamin Evans and Colin Mittelstaedt were named finalists in the Wisconsin YES! competition. Evans’ “Anti-Fat Band” and Mittelstaedt’s “Water Power 2.0” business plans placed in the top 17 entries.
Students submitted their ideas in a 250-word online summary to compete in the first phase of the competition. The finalists prepared a 1,000-word executive summary covering company overview, product or service description, customer definition, market description, size and sales strategy, competition, management team, financials and capital needs.
Modeled after the successful Governor’s Business Plan contest, Wisconsin YES! is designed to teach students how innovation in science and technology fields can be developed into plausible business plans. It allows students to explore the connections between science, technology and entrepreneurship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Easter Seals SE Wisconsin to expand training, employment opportunities by creating accessible commercial kitchen
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce: Announces 2014 Board of Directors
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Holy Apostles Fish Fry
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Donate to Toys for Tots and Win at the Settimi Chiropractic and Wellness Center of Brookfield
- Waukesha County Taxpayer’s Endorse