Templeton Middle School eighth-graders Benjamin Evans and Colin Mittelstaedt were named finalists in the Wisconsin YES! competition. Evans’ “Anti-Fat Band” and Mittelstaedt’s “Water Power 2.0” business plans placed in the top 17 entries.
Students submitted their ideas in a 250-word online summary to compete in the first phase of the competition. The finalists prepared a 1,000-word executive summary covering company overview, product or service description, customer definition, market description, size and sales strategy, competition, management team, financials and capital needs.
Modeled after the successful Governor’s Business Plan contest, Wisconsin YES! is designed to teach students how innovation in science and technology fields can be developed into plausible business plans. It allows students to explore the connections between science, technology and entrepreneurship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aqua Sprites Cure the Winter Blues
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Natural Back Pain Relief
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- Zion Lutheran Craft and Bake Sale
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- OCONOMOWOC STUDENT NAMED RISING STAR
- Christmas Clearing Council announces Angel Award winners