Templeton Middle School eighth-graders Benjamin Evans and Colin Mittelstaedt were named finalists in the Wisconsin YES! competition. Evans’ “Anti-Fat Band” and Mittelstaedt’s “Water Power 2.0” business plans placed in the top 17 entries.
Students submitted their ideas in a 250-word online summary to compete in the first phase of the competition. The finalists prepared a 1,000-word executive summary covering company overview, product or service description, customer definition, market description, size and sales strategy, competition, management team, financials and capital needs.
Modeled after the successful Governor’s Business Plan contest, Wisconsin YES! is designed to teach students how innovation in science and technology fields can be developed into plausible business plans. It allows students to explore the connections between science, technology and entrepreneurship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin’s Living History Artist Ride Photoshoot
- WCTC offers Home Building Seminar in October
- Are you game? Test your Backgammon mettle
- Award winning WWII book to be discussed at the Brookfield Library
- Newcastle Place to Host Oktoberfest Celebration
- Germantown Business's Continued Growth
- R.A. Smith National Named a “2015 Best Firms to Work For” in the Nation by Zweig Group
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Thanks Donors with Complimentary Gas Card
- IKE Football Celebrating 20th Anniversary of 1995 State Championship
- Get up, get out, get active at free Day of Play event!