Templeton Middle School eighth-graders Benjamin Evans and Colin Mittelstaedt were named finalists in the Wisconsin YES! competition. Evans’ “Anti-Fat Band” and Mittelstaedt’s “Water Power 2.0” business plans placed in the top 17 entries.
Students submitted their ideas in a 250-word online summary to compete in the first phase of the competition. The finalists prepared a 1,000-word executive summary covering company overview, product or service description, customer definition, market description, size and sales strategy, competition, management team, financials and capital needs.
Modeled after the successful Governor’s Business Plan contest, Wisconsin YES! is designed to teach students how innovation in science and technology fields can be developed into plausible business plans. It allows students to explore the connections between science, technology and entrepreneurship.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: What Exactly Are the B Complex Vitamins?
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- St. John's Music Camp
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- SkySlam Madness Takes the Court
- LearningRx Spreads Word About Brain Injury Awareness