Hamilton High School students in the Personal Finance course posted outstanding results on the Working In Support of Education (W!SE) Financial Literacy Certification with 21 of the 24 students in the class earning the national certification. The exam covers subjects including money, budgeting, the cost of money, banking, credit, insurance, financial planning and management, investing and retirement planning. The class average went from a 65 percent average on the pre-test to 85 percent on the post-test. Some students improved their score more than 30 percent.
Students who received certification are: Dustin Griepentrog, Kate Kuchar, Devin McMurray, Kathleen Meagher, Anthony Moore, Jacob Pfersch, Chad Sanders, Joshua Kucharski, Melissa Martincich, Jacob Suedbeck, Gordon Doleshal, Evan Westmore, Tyler Scholz, Maxwel Schwid, Hailey VanMullem, Jenna Weber, Javin Bradley, Marie Geier, Katherine Ciolkosz and Ryan Adrian.
W!SE is an educational nonprofit that provides education support services nationwide to build financial literacy, foster business and social entrepreneurship and prepare students for college and the global workplace. Participating schools teach personal finance and administer W!SE’s standardized certification test. Teachers have access to training, educational resources, pre-tests and online practice tests. Students who pass the test earn designation as Certified Financially Literate (CFL).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dan Ewert earns Eagle Scout Award
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Trinity UCC Seeking Crafters for October 10 Fair
- Children’s Talent Show to Highlight Holy Cross 2015 Block Party!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, due to exceptional success
- Thomas Chappelle, New Berlin Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- September is Alzheimer's month