Hamilton High School students in the Personal Finance course posted outstanding results on the Working In Support of Education (W!SE) Financial Literacy Certification with 21 of the 24 students in the class earning the national certification. The exam covers subjects including money, budgeting, the cost of money, banking, credit, insurance, financial planning and management, investing and retirement planning. The class average went from a 65 percent average on the pre-test to 85 percent on the post-test. Some students improved their score more than 30 percent.
Students who received certification are: Dustin Griepentrog, Kate Kuchar, Devin McMurray, Kathleen Meagher, Anthony Moore, Jacob Pfersch, Chad Sanders, Joshua Kucharski, Melissa Martincich, Jacob Suedbeck, Gordon Doleshal, Evan Westmore, Tyler Scholz, Maxwel Schwid, Hailey VanMullem, Jenna Weber, Javin Bradley, Marie Geier, Katherine Ciolkosz and Ryan Adrian.
W!SE is an educational nonprofit that provides education support services nationwide to build financial literacy, foster business and social entrepreneurship and prepare students for college and the global workplace. Participating schools teach personal finance and administer W!SE’s standardized certification test. Teachers have access to training, educational resources, pre-tests and online practice tests. Students who pass the test earn designation as Certified Financially Literate (CFL).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds 15 Members
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial