The Lake Country Clean Water Festival (LCCWF) makes a splash in sustainable practices encouraging the preservation of Pewaukee Lake. This festival, held in conjunction with the Pewaukee Kiwanis Beach Party, offers a variety of educational opportunities from over 15 organizations from all over southeast Wisconsin offering information on issues like invasive species, best practices for aquatic weed management and boater safety. While learning, enjoy water fun for all ages like “Learn to Ski” clinic, fishing clinic, learn to log roll, wake board demonstrations, Zumba on the beach & more! The Lake Country Clean Water Festival will be Friday, June 21, 5pm-11:30pm & Saturday, June 22, 9am-11:30pm and is FREE and open to the public.
The LCCWF was founded by the Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Club in 2011, created to raise awareness of the issues facing area waterways while funding future efforts to preserve them. In its first year, the event raised over $5,000 to donate to the Friends of the Parks of Pewaukee for the purchase of “Eagle Eye” technology. This device deters E.Coli in the waters by rerouting birds’ flight patterns away from Pewaukee Lakefront Park. 2012 fundraising efforts generated $7,000 donated to the Lake Pewaukee Sanitary District for the Water Resource Fund, Wetland Fund and Water Quality Testing.
This festival along with many Waukesha Pewaukee events are making strides to “green” their event by making environmentally friendly choices and educating attendees in the process. The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau (WPCVB) became Travel Green Certified by the Department of Tourism in 2012 and is pleased to promote the Lake Country Clean Water Festival for their efforts. Other Waukesha Pewaukee Travel Green Certifications include the Waukesha County Fair, SummerStage at Lapham Peak State Park and Positively Pewaukee’s Waterfront Wednesday events.
The Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) is an economic development organization that strengthens the area by attracting visitors in the convention, sports and leisure markets. Through CVB sales and marketing efforts, Waukesha Pewaukee hosts lively meetings of waterfronts, downtowns, fun and people. To learn more about our meetings visit www.visitwaukesha.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC Hosting Craft Fair: "A Fair for all Seasons"
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- Brew City Pet Services Attends International Pet-Sitter Conference
- IndependenceFirst presents ‘Threads of the World’
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- BSI is Best In Show at STRUT
- Trendevous Fall Fashion Show and Beauty Event at Boston Store Brookfield Square
- American Diabetes Association's Milwaukee's Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes