Templeton Middle School eighth grade student Erin Magoon received the “Women in History Award” May 4 at the state-level competition of National History Day.
Magoon created an individual dramatic performance “Elizabeth Blackwell – The First Woman Doctor” and was one of the top 17 students in the state who qualified to compete in that category.
The award is sponsored by the FRIENDS of the Wisconsin Historical Society to recognize a student who explored a topic that specifically focuses on the contributions, stories or accomplishments of women or issues that significantly affects their lives. Magoon earned the award because she demonstrated strong research and analysis using a variety of primary and secondary sources.
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Residents Participate in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Sikich Moves In to the Top 10 on Milwaukee’s Annual Book of Lists
- 35th Annual Ice Age Trail Endurance Run