The Midwest Vocal Express (MVE) will be hosting their Spring concert, “A Night to Remember”, on Saturday, May 11 at 2:00 and 7:30 p.m. at the beautiful Pewaukee High School Auditorium.
The award winning 2012 Land O Lakes District Chorus Champions will showcase their talents for the lake country area. Special guests for this Mother’s Day weekend event will be the 2012 Sweet Adeline International Quartet Champions – Martini!
This show features a family of life-long award-winning barbershop singers! Josh Umhoefer, musical director of the MVE, is the son of DeAnne Haugen, the baritone of Martini! DeAnne's husband, Scott, has sung with the MVE since its inception in 1989. All have competed - and medaled - on the international stage with their respective groups.
The chorus will be performing many popular arrangements, including a Beatles tune, some doo wop, a Billy Joel classic, and an absolutely incredible arrangement of This is the Moment (which is guaranteed to raise goose bumps)!
Composed of singers from across the local Midwest area, the MVE is known for their “legendary” theatrical presentations on the international contest stage, and strives to change lives through their performances.
In addition, MVE will be generously donating a portion of all their ticket sales to Safe Babies Healthy Families of Southeastern WI. The agency is a passionately dedicated to the well-being and safety of innocent children in our community through education, support and resources.
Ticket information for both performances can be found at www.mve.org, or by calling 888-240-4426, discounts available for Groups and Seniors. Day of event $5 Student rate with valid i.d.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 Board of Directors
- Tis the Season Event to Benefit The Pavlic Center at Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Our Family Miracle
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- Brookfield Civic Band and Chorus Winter Concert