Hamilton High School senior Constance Dowden won a Gold Medal in the comic art category of the National Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. Dowden is the first Hamilton student to receive this national art award.
The awards are an important opportunity for students to be recognized for their creative talents. Students in grades 7 through 12 can apply in 28 categories of art and writing for the chance to earn scholarships and have their works exhibited or published.
Dowden received a Gold Key at the regional level which qualified her work to advance to the national competition.
Submissions are juried by visual and literary arts experts, some of whom are past award recipients. Panelists look for works that best exemplify originality, technical skill and the emergence of a personal voice or vision.
The National Medalists will celebrate this recognition May 31 at a prestigious ceremony at Carnegie Hall. The winning works will be showcased in New York City art galleries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility