The Milwaukee Choristers, under the direction of Dr. James Kinchen, will present a concert at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, on Friday, April 5, at 7:00 p.m.
The Milwaukee Choristers has established itself as one of Milwaukee’s most versatile and popular vocal ensembles for more than 75 years. Christ the King’s pastor, Gary Grindeland, said, “We are extremely pleased to have these 60 vocalists sharing their musical gifts with us. This is a wonderful opportunity for the community to enjoy music from one of the most exceptional choirs in the area, right within our place of worship.”
A reception will follow the performance, catered by Stolley’s Hogg Alley with its famous wings and sauces.
The concert is a part of Christ the King’s Sacred Music Series, featuring various choirs, bands, and other musical artists from across the country. The series runs from September to May and is now concluding its third full season for the community.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship is held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset Playhouse presents, direct from San Francisco, an evening of non-stop laughter: Will Durst in BOOMERAGING.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- "Shotgun Lovesongs" Book Discussion at Brookfield Library
- Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin to Honor Governor, Community Leaders for Supporting Its Mission
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Freaky Friday Dance
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are Chiropractic X-Rays Safe?
- Callen’s Muskego Showroom to Host Easter Bunny March 28
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- Breen Wines Offers New Wine Event In Wauwatosa