Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins, 18, of Brookfield, has been nominated for two Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI) Awards. Nora’s been nominated for the “Female Vocalist of the Year” award, and for the third consecutive year, the “Rising Star” award. Last year she was named the 2012 “Rising Star” award winner.
All WAMI nominees are selected from ballots submitted by industry peers. The 33rd annual WAMI Awards Show is open to the public and will be held Sunday, April 14 at Turner Hall in Milwaukee.
Nora has written and recorded a new single, “I’ll Pray For You”. As a thank you to her supporters she is making the song available as a free download. Go to NoraCollins.com for a link to the download. The music video for her original song "Dimples Filled With Lies" continues to air Nationally on The Country Network cable channel.
Nora has a host of Brookfield shows coming up including: Mozzaluna on March 26 and headlining a show at the UUCW Coffee House on April 6. On Monday’s at noon, Nora plays at the Potbelly’s on Bluemound and at noon Fridays she plays at the Potbelly’s on 124th & Capitol. Check the gig page on her website, NoraCollins.com, for a complete schedule.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Weber Announces Listing & Sales Leaders-April 2013...
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Works Out Against Child Abuse
- Hamilton named Top Workplace
- Humber, Mundie & McClary, LLP, commits to downtown Milwaukee for headquarters location
- Maple Avenue students lead effort to help Oklahoma schools hit by tornadoes
- Templeton band to perform spring concert
- Tablet Talk @ Brookfield Public Library
- LinkedIn Instructor Offers Free Class May 29 at Brookfield Public Library
- Beware of Memorial Day Scams Aimed at Military Personnel
- Wescott chosen as high school associate principal