Enjoy the magic of live theater with music and dance as nearly 100 Bay Lane students present Annie Jr., the classic story of an orphan in 1930s America who never gives up…no matter how tough life gets. Performances are at Muskego High School (MHS) on Saturday, March 23 at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 2:00 p.m.
Seventh grader Kayla Cardenas plays the resilient Annie, who is growing up in an orphanage where hard work is valued and children are “indentured,” or forced to earn their keep through labor, as was common in 1933. Eighth grader Emma Milton plays the shrill and abusive Miss Hannigan, who runs the orphanage and allows Annie to be pressed into service by Grace Farrell (Becky Johnson), the poised and efficient secretary of billionaire Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks (Michael Plautz).
To her amazement, Annie is treated as a guest – not a servant – at the Warbucks’ mansion until a couple of common crooks named Rooster Hannigan (Caleb Golden) and Lily St. Regis (Katie Schneider) orchestrate a get-rich-quick scheme to claim Annie as their own.
With a cast and crew directed by Mrs. Sarah Milton and assisted by Mrs. Elaine Cannistra and Mrs. Heidi Lindhorst, Annie is performed in the state-of-the-art MHS Performing Arts Center and will entertain you with the high quality production, musical, and theater values the Muskego Norway School District is known for.
Tickets to Annie are available now at Bay Lane Middle School, phone (262) 971-1810. Advance reserve seating tickets are $4 for students and seniors; $6 for adults. Tickets are also available at the door for $5 for students and seniors; $7 for adults. All proceeds go to support current and future productions, which are entirely self-funded.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland