Enjoy the magic of live theater with music and dance as nearly 100 Bay Lane students present Annie Jr., the classic story of an orphan in 1930s America who never gives up…no matter how tough life gets. Performances are at Muskego High School (MHS) on Saturday, March 23 at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 2:00 p.m.
Seventh grader Kayla Cardenas plays the resilient Annie, who is growing up in an orphanage where hard work is valued and children are “indentured,” or forced to earn their keep through labor, as was common in 1933. Eighth grader Emma Milton plays the shrill and abusive Miss Hannigan, who runs the orphanage and allows Annie to be pressed into service by Grace Farrell (Becky Johnson), the poised and efficient secretary of billionaire Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks (Michael Plautz).
To her amazement, Annie is treated as a guest – not a servant – at the Warbucks’ mansion until a couple of common crooks named Rooster Hannigan (Caleb Golden) and Lily St. Regis (Katie Schneider) orchestrate a get-rich-quick scheme to claim Annie as their own.
With a cast and crew directed by Mrs. Sarah Milton and assisted by Mrs. Elaine Cannistra and Mrs. Heidi Lindhorst, Annie is performed in the state-of-the-art MHS Performing Arts Center and will entertain you with the high quality production, musical, and theater values the Muskego Norway School District is known for.
Tickets to Annie are available now at Bay Lane Middle School, phone (262) 971-1810. Advance reserve seating tickets are $4 for students and seniors; $6 for adults. Tickets are also available at the door for $5 for students and seniors; $7 for adults. All proceeds go to support current and future productions, which are entirely self-funded.
- Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington & Waukesha County Interfaith Agencies Collaborate to Address the Growing Need for Senior Transportation
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Five Tips for “Greening” the Kitchen From Callen Construction
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Residents Participate in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Sikich Moves In to the Top 10 on Milwaukee’s Annual Book of Lists
- 35th Annual Ice Age Trail Endurance Run