Hamilton High School seniors Caroline G. Hope and Brooke Schounard have been named finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Competition. High school students enter this competition by taking the Preliminary SAT (PSAT) /National Merit Scholarship qualifying test, which screens approximately 1.5 million entrants who are high school juniors.
Of the 1.5 million entrants, some 50,000 with the highest PSAT scores in critical reading, math and writing skills qualify for recognition. About 16,000 high-scorers are notified that they have qualified as semifinalists. They are the highest-scoring entrants in each state. About 15,000 of these students go on to become finalists. The selection of some 8,300 Merit Scholarship winners from the group of finalists is now in progress and will be announced in March.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Smart Choice MRI Opens New Location in Waukesha County
- 10th Annual Tree of Angels celebrates loved ones
- Foti Chiropractic Fulfills Dream of Second Make-A-Wish Recipient in 2014
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Financial Advisor Hosts Dec. 16 Seminar on Investment Outlook for 2015
- Allison Quartuccio of Denali Realty Group honored with first-ever Volunteer of the year award
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips