Hamilton High School seniors Caroline G. Hope and Brooke Schounard have been named finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Competition. High school students enter this competition by taking the Preliminary SAT (PSAT) /National Merit Scholarship qualifying test, which screens approximately 1.5 million entrants who are high school juniors.
Of the 1.5 million entrants, some 50,000 with the highest PSAT scores in critical reading, math and writing skills qualify for recognition. About 16,000 high-scorers are notified that they have qualified as semifinalists. They are the highest-scoring entrants in each state. About 15,000 of these students go on to become finalists. The selection of some 8,300 Merit Scholarship winners from the group of finalists is now in progress and will be announced in March.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Adults Skate Too
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence
- John Kastner of R.A. Smith National Receives Young Engineer of the Year Award
- Gary Dunco Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill