Hamilton High School seniors Caroline G. Hope and Brooke Schounard have been named finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Competition. High school students enter this competition by taking the Preliminary SAT (PSAT) /National Merit Scholarship qualifying test, which screens approximately 1.5 million entrants who are high school juniors.
Of the 1.5 million entrants, some 50,000 with the highest PSAT scores in critical reading, math and writing skills qualify for recognition. About 16,000 high-scorers are notified that they have qualified as semifinalists. They are the highest-scoring entrants in each state. About 15,000 of these students go on to become finalists. The selection of some 8,300 Merit Scholarship winners from the group of finalists is now in progress and will be announced in March.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Holy Cross to host “Something for Everyone,” a Community Block Party Celebration on September 5th and 6th
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Local Resident Volunteering At Sunset Playhouse
- Fox Brook Park open during Barker Road Construction