Hamilton High School seniors Caroline G. Hope and Brooke Schounard have been named finalists in the National Merit Scholarship Competition. High school students enter this competition by taking the Preliminary SAT (PSAT) /National Merit Scholarship qualifying test, which screens approximately 1.5 million entrants who are high school juniors.
Of the 1.5 million entrants, some 50,000 with the highest PSAT scores in critical reading, math and writing skills qualify for recognition. About 16,000 high-scorers are notified that they have qualified as semifinalists. They are the highest-scoring entrants in each state. About 15,000 of these students go on to become finalists. The selection of some 8,300 Merit Scholarship winners from the group of finalists is now in progress and will be announced in March.
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1