Vicki Piaskowski will talk about simple ways to make your yard bird-friendly and the different bird species you can expect to see in your yard and on your land if you landscape with native plants. She will describe how scientists learn about the insect foods that birds find on plants and show some of the insects and spiders that use native plants.
Vicki Piaskowski received an MS degree in Biological Sciences from UW-Milwaukee. She is an ornithologist and bird bander who has conducted research on birds in Wisconsin, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Belize, Central America.
Presented by Wild Ones.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:30 pm
Menomonee Falls Public Library,
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- John Kastner of R.A. Smith National Receives Young Engineer of the Year Award
- Gary Dunco Achieves Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisor Status
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Alicia, My Story
- Town of Brookfield Easter Egg Hunt
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- Brookfield Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre's "Great Expectations"
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC