Vicki Piaskowski will talk about simple ways to make your yard bird-friendly and the different bird species you can expect to see in your yard and on your land if you landscape with native plants. She will describe how scientists learn about the insect foods that birds find on plants and show some of the insects and spiders that use native plants.
Vicki Piaskowski received an MS degree in Biological Sciences from UW-Milwaukee. She is an ornithologist and bird bander who has conducted research on birds in Wisconsin, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Belize, Central America.
Presented by Wild Ones.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:30 pm
Menomonee Falls Public Library,
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016
- Toomas Mitt and TBG Networks change direction of company; introduces POM services