The next meeting of the Waukesha Chapter of IAAP (International Association of Administrative Professionals) will be March 7, 2013 at the Venice Club, 1905 N Calhoun Road, Brookfield, WI 53005
5:30 pm: Networking:
6:00 pm: Dinner
6:30 pm: Program: Influence without Authority
Presented by Jan Allen, Manager of Business and Management Programs at the School of Continuing Education, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Most people equate power with boats and weight lifting. However, power is really about trust and respect. Do people seek your advice and guidance? While you may not have the authority to make certain decisions, you influence others who have come to respect your judgment and are eager to follow your lead. The challenge is to optimize your influence so that others will endorse and respect you. In our time together, we will talk about developing your influence by (1) Being Yourself (2) Listen and Learn (3) Roll Up Your Sleeves and (4) Recognize and Reward Good Work.
Jan Allen is the Manager of Business and Management Programs at the School of Continuing Education, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Jan has had the joy and pleasure of designing and developing the “Women Leaders Conference.” This year’s keynote speaker is Anita Hill. The 2012 keynote speaker was Gloria Steinem. In addition to the Women Leaders Conference, Jan developed the Talent Conference that featured Google and Zappos. Prior to moving to Wisconsin, Jan lived in Richmond, Virginia. She was the Director of the Center for Corporate Education at Virginia Commonwealth University. She also ran her own consulting firm. Her clients included Capital One, Hall Auto, Philip Morris, and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Costs for meeting:
Dinner and Program
$17.00 All Others
RSVP to: email@example.com
All administrative professionals are invited to attend. IAAP is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the success of career-minded administrative professionals by providing opportunities for growth through education, community building and leadership development.
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016
- Toomas Mitt and TBG Networks change direction of company; introduces POM services