Hamilton schools celebrate Youth Art Month with art show at Pauline Haass Public Library
In celebration of Youth Art Month, the artwork of students from throughout the Hamilton School District will be on display during March at the Pauline Haass Public Library, N64 W23820 Main St., Sussex. The public is invited to view the artwork during regular library hours.
A reception honoring the artists and their teachers, held in the library, will be open to the public from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 5. During the reception art activities will be offered in the Youth Services area. The Friends of the Pauline Haass Public Library will provide refreshments.
Youth Art Month is celebrated each year to emphasize the value of art education for all children and to encourage public support for quality school art programs. It began in 1961 as Children’s Art Month with support from the nonprofit Crayon, Water Color and Craft Institute and the National Art Education Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility