Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, has announced that it will be joining with other congregations and ministries of the Greater Milwaukee Lutheran Synod for Lenten services in this 25th year of the Evangelical Luther Church of America (ELCA). Dinner and midweek services will begin on Ash Wednesday, February 13, and run through March 20 at Christ the King.
A community dinner with a free-will offering will be served each week in Christ the King’s Great Hall from 5:30-7 p.m., with the worship service focusing on the life and ministry of Jesus Christ immediately following in the sanctuary at 7.
The Ash Wednesday service will feature Good Shepherd Lutheran Church and Trinity Presbyterian Church on Sherman Park Boulevard, both of which now share one pastor and worship space, joining with Christ the King and Delafield Presbyterian Church. The other Milwaukee congregations scheduled for the combined Lenten services at Christ the King are: Feb. 20, Ascension Lutheran Church; Feb. 27, Marquette & UW-Milwaukee Campus Ministry; Mar. 6, Reformation Lutheran Church; Mar. 13, Cross Lutheran; and Mar. 20, All Peoples Lutheran Church.
Christ the King Pastor Gary Grindeland said that these shared Lenten services will give members of all congregations involved an opportunity to learn more about each other. In addition, he said that a portion of the offering at the services will be given to the participating other churches and ministries to help support their missions of teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The rest of the offering monies will be donated to Outreach for Hope, a ministry of the Greater Milwaukee Synod, to help those in need, Pastor Grindeland said.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship is held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m. For information on Christ the King, call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Knapp Chiropractic raises money for Safe Babies Healthy Families at third anniversary event
- FREE to the Public - Outdoor Workouts at Anytime Falls
- Household Hazardous Waste Special Collection - May 16 and Memorial Day Closings
- MFHS ADVANCED PLACEMENT STUDIO ART EXHIBITION
- Open House at 1212 Bodyworks in Brookfield, Friday 5/8/15 from 3-7pm
- Two Brookfield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- HGTV to Feature Flat Rate Home Services Manager on National Television Show
- United Way Volunteer Opportunities