The Stars and Stripes Honor Flight Flies WWII veterans and terminally Ill Veterans from other wars to see their memorials in Wachington, DC. The veterans were such a humble group that never got the thank you they deserved.
Mary Martens flew as a guardian with her father, a Pearl Harbor survivor, in May 2010. She continued as a volunteer with the Honor Flight, since that time she saw how much the flight meant to those that attended. She and her father will be sharing their experiences of the honor flight day.
Join us to hear some amazing, personal experiences about the 'Honor Flight Day' and what it means. The presentation will be at 9405 W Howard Avenue in the multi-purpose room, from 1:30-3:00pm. Please Register in advance by calling our reservation line at 414-546-7302.
Pictures from the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight trips will be on display in the Rainbow Room and Multi-purpose Room (109) from Monday, February 11-Wednesday, February 13 and Monday, February 18 - Wednesday, February 20, 9am - 3pm only. Please feel free to come over and see the stories of our WWII Veterans and their special day in Washington DC.
Any Questions please contact Andrea Volkers at 414-546-7394
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI: Bathroom Remodeling Trends Address Style and Function
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Winners of the 47th annual Waukesha County Courthouse Purchase Award Art Contest
- Festival of Trees
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Tree lighting ceremony to take place at Luther Manor
- CARE WISCONSIN WAUKESHA OFFICE RELOCATING TO FIRST FLOOR OF CURRENT BUILDING
- Recycling of Your Used Electronics for FREE This Holiday Season
- Fill your stockings with the gift of Parks and Golf