FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Brookfield Doctor Earns Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine Degree
Dr. John Whitcomb, director of the Brookfield Longevity and Healthy Living Clinic, 17585 W. North Ave., Brookfield, is the first Wisconsin physician to receive a Masters Degree in Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine from the University of South Florida in collaboration with the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
The University of South Florida is the country’s first medical school to offer the degree which is designed to teach nutrition to physicians.
Whitcomb, who was previously board certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine from the American College of Anti-Aging Medicine, said that a common complaint from physicians is that they are not trained in how bodies manage food.
"It's pretty clear that 75% of our illnesses are based on lifestyle behaviors. Our current medical model waits until you fall off the cliff, then tries to snatch you back before you hit bottom," Whitcomb explained. “It is much better to avoid the cliff.”
Whitcomb’s practice focuses on nutrition and metabolic medicine as it relates to obesity, hormones, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and cancer.
“An integrative approach to cancer therapy will be the next frontier in how we manage the disease” according to Whitcomb who believes that eating the right food is the way to control cancer and turn it from an acute disaster into a chronic, medically managed condition.
More information is available at www.livelongmd.com and by calling (262) 784-
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Kids & Seniors Day at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Three Professionals Bring New Expertise, Experience to ActionCOACH Business Coaching
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Aimee Berg's Brain Tumors
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- Quincy University's Rachael Binash garners All Academic Honors in Volleyball