Feb. 5, 2013
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, email@example.com
John Gerbig, WPT producer, 608-265-4444, firstname.lastname@example.org
The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
The following Brookfield residents will appear in the State Honors Concerts broadcast:
• Laura Klatt, who attends Divine Savior Holy Angels High School, performs with the treble choir.
• Justin Zhu, a student at Brookfield Academy High School, performs with the orchestra on violin.
• Isaiah Reynolds, a Brookfield resident who performs with the mixed choir, attends Waukesha South High School.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College Works Painting Internship
- American Lung Association’s State of Tobacco Control 2016 Gives Wisconsin Mixed Grades for Efforts to Save Lives by Reducing Tobacco Use
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership