GLENDALE, GREENFIELD AND BROOKFIELD, Wis – If you are looking for an easy way to make a difference, here’s your perfect opportunity to help Milwaukee’s homeless population and needy people around the world by recycling the shoes you no longer want. Stan’s Fit For Your Feet is hosting their seventh annual "Share-A-Pair” shoe drive from Friday, February 1 thru Thursday, February 28.
People can drop off their new or gently used shoes Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at any of the “Share-A-Pair” collection bins at Stan’s Brookfield store, in The Plaza at 17155 W. Bluemound Road, Stan’s Glendale store across from Bay Shore Town Center at 505 W. Silver Spring Drive and Stan’s Greenfield store in the Layton Plaza at 7405 W. Layton Ave. Milwaukee’s New Balance Stores, which are owned and operated by Stan’s, will also be collecting shoes at their Brookfield Store, 17155 W. Bluemound Road, Suite A and in their Greenfield store at 7411 W. Layton Ave. during the same business hours.
As a way of saying thank you, anyone donating adult shoes at Stan’s Fit For Your Feet will receive a $10 gift card to be used towards a footwear purchase during February at any Stan’s Fit For Your Feet or New Balance locations. Children’s shoe donations will receive a $5 gift certificate to be used towards a future pair of kids’ shoes.
“As a locally we owned business, we love running this great program that gives back to the needy in our community. And each year, we are amazed at how it continues to inspire generous Milwaukeeans to donate their unwanted gently used shoes and help those less fortunate,” said Jim Sajdak, owner of Stan’s Fit For Your Feet.
Since its inception, the annual shoe drive hosted by Stan’s Fit For Your Feet has collected over 140,000 gently used pairs of shoes from Greater Milwaukee residents. Some of the shoes collected are personally delivered and fit for many of the area’s homeless who frequent Milwaukee’s Repairers of the Breach homeless day shelter. Father Gene’s Help Center in West Allis also receives and distributes the shoes to the needy in Milwaukee.
The remainder of the donated shoes are given to Soles4Souls which collects new shoes to give relief to the victims of abject suffering and collects used shoes to support micro-enterprise efforts to eradicate poverty. Soles4Souls’ other two divisions, Clothes4Souls and Hope4Souls, provide the same relief and support through clothing and other necessities. Visit www.giveshoes.org, www.clothes4souls.org, or www.hope4souls.org for more information.
For more information on the “Share-A-Pair” shoe drive, visit stansfootwear.com or call 262-432-4030. Stan’s is locally owned and operated. It has been in business since 1950, and specializes in quality footwear from around the world. Its three stores are home to Wisconsin’s largest collection of regular and hard to find shoe sizes.
Since 2009 Stan's has been named Milwaukee's best shoe store.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help