Waukesha, WI – The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau is encouraging residents to mark their calendars for the area’s largest 2013 events in Waukesha Pewaukee. Make a stop in person at the CVB office to receive the official 2013 Visitor Guide!
• Waukesha Antiques Dealers Show on February 1 & 2 at Waukesha County Exposition Center. Enjoy the oldest state antiques organization in America, who produces this well-established antiques show with over 50 quality dealers selling furniture, collectibles, home décor, toys and more. Authenticity guaranteed. www.wisconsinantiquesdealers.com or 414-510-4441
• Trailbreaker Marathon on April 6 at Frame Park, Waukesha. Watch or participate in this Waukesha tradition consisting of a full marathon, half-marathon and a 5k run/walk, all events begin in downtown Waukesha and running along the Fox River, full marathon continues on the Glacial Drumlin Trail. www.runthetrailbreaker.com or 524-3716.
• Freeman Friday Night Live on Fridays, June 7-September 27 in Historic Downtown Waukesha. Six stages of live music playing a variety of genres are located throughout the downtown at this weekly event; pull up a chair at any of the stages or stroll down the streets to shop and dine. www.waukeshafreemanfridaynightlive.com or 544-8030.
• Fiesta Waukesha on June 21 – 23 at Frame Park, Waukesha. Enjoy this festival promoting multi-cultural awareness, offering a wide array of Hispanic entertainment, Latin American cuisine, amusement rides, children’s area and more; located along the Fox River. www.lacasadeesperanza.org or 547-0887
• Waukesha County Fair on July 17 – 21 at Waukesha County Exposition Center. Proud to be the oldest fair in Wisconsin, celebrating over 170 years and the largest event in Waukesha County featuring barnyard animals, crafts, food, farm displays and the midway. www.waukeshacountyfair.com or 544-5922.
• Taste of Lake Country on July 26-27 at Pewaukee’s Lakefront Park. Celebrating the food, music and art in Lake Country; sample the best of the area in one place with local restaurants selling signature food items, local musicians rocking out and local artists displaying their work. www.positivelypewaukee.com or 695-9735.
• Wings Over Waukesha on August 24 – 25 at Crites Field, Waukesha. Featuring a variety of nationally-renowned aerobatic acts, wing walkers, sky divers and a host of contemporary and vintage aircraft from both civilian and military aviation on display. www.wingsoverwaukesha.com or 424-6747.
• Wisconsin Highland Games on August 30 – September 1 at Waukesha County Exposition Center. Enjoy a celebration of all things Scottish, Irish and Celtic with the mighty roar of the bagpipes, kilted athletes performing feats of strength, spinning and leaping Highland dancers, hands-on activities & sports, St. Andrews Pub and much more. www.wisconsinscottish.com or 896-8490.
• Celtic Fest on September 21 at Pewaukee’s Lakefront Park. Come celebrate the Irish in all of us along the shorefront of Pewaukee Lake with cultural tent and demonstrations, children’s craft area, marketplace, live music, food and refreshments. www.positivelypewaukee.com or 695-9735.
• Country Christmas on December 1-31 at Country Springs Hotel, Waukesha. See Wisconsin’s largest, most spectacular drive-through holiday lights event with over a million lights on display with animated figures and holiday scenes; working model train and life-size nativity scene displayed too. www.thecountrychristmas.com or 547-0201.
For additional highlights of Waukesha Pewaukee attractions and events, visit the CVB office in person located at N14 W23755 Stone Ridge Dr. Ste. 225, Waukesha or visit online at www.visitwaukesha.org
The Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) is an economic development organization that strengthens the area by attracting visitors in the convention, sports and leisure markets. Through CVB sales and marketing efforts, Waukesha Pewaukee hosts lively meetings of waterfronts, downtowns, fun and people. To learn more about our meetings visit www.visitwaukesha.org.
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Governor Walker Visits PreventaMed Technologies to Kick Off His New Jobs Plan for Wisconsin
- Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Chill Out at 19th Annual BC Band Chili Feed - September 26th
- Device Workshop
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- How To Write and Deliver A Tale Tall
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Recycling Stream Quality