The Alzheimer’s Association will present a free presentation called “Living at Home with Dementia: Caregiver Strategies for Success” on Wednesday, February 13 from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. at The Caring Place Adult Activity Center in the lower level of the First Presbyterian Church, 810 N. East Avenue, in Waukesha.
The presentation, geared for family caregivers, will focus on explaining how dementia changes the brain and affects more than just memory. Participants will explore the impact of dementia on everyday life and will be shown creative strategies for communication and challenging behaviors. Caregivers will leave this workshop with the resources needed to better balance home and community life with caregiving responsibilities.
The presentation is free of charge. Light refreshments will be served. Advance registration is required and can be made by calling Mary at 262-542-6388. Limited free on-site respite services will be available, but space is limited, so please inquire when registering.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research whose mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. For more information about Alzheimer’s disease and local services visit www.alz.org/sewi or call the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care