Early admission to school deadline approaches
Parents who want their children considered for early admission into a Hamilton School District 5-year-old kindergarten or first grade class next fall should apply in writing by March 1 to their elementary school principal. Application forms are available at elementary school offices.
Children who turn five on or before Sept. 1, 2013 meet normal entrance age requirements for the 2013-14 5-year-old kindergarten class; those who turn six on or before Sept. 1, 2013 are eligible to enter first grade.
Parents making application will meet with the principal. During that time, a brief interview will take place and the application will be completed. The child should demonstrate superior intellectual development, superior language skills and advanced physical, social and emotional maturity. Parents will be contacted no later than mid-March about the next step in the process.
For more information about early admission, contact an elementary school principal or Special Services Supervisor Mardi Freeman at (262) 246-1973 x1184.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- Wisconsin Singers Debuts in Brookfield
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- Brookfield Central junior supports girls in Tanzania and earns highest Girl Scout honor
- Register now! Read It & Eat - Popular Library Program
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens