Early admission to school deadline approaches
Parents who want their children considered for early admission into a Hamilton School District 5-year-old kindergarten or first grade class next fall should apply in writing by March 1 to their elementary school principal. Application forms are available at elementary school offices.
Children who turn five on or before Sept. 1, 2013 meet normal entrance age requirements for the 2013-14 5-year-old kindergarten class; those who turn six on or before Sept. 1, 2013 are eligible to enter first grade.
Parents making application will meet with the principal. During that time, a brief interview will take place and the application will be completed. The child should demonstrate superior intellectual development, superior language skills and advanced physical, social and emotional maturity. Parents will be contacted no later than mid-March about the next step in the process.
For more information about early admission, contact an elementary school principal or Special Services Supervisor Mardi Freeman at (262) 246-1973 x1184.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why should everyone get massages regularly?
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Kicks off Movers for Military Drive to Help Veterans in Shelters
- Tech Trends workshops continue on October 8, 2015 due to exceptional success
- Brookfield Chamber hosts 10th anniversary ribbon-cutting for Absolute Pilates
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post - Disc Herniation
- Dianne Gleixner Teaches Basketry
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates More Than $2,000 to Elmbrook Schools in September
- A Delicious Gift of Coffee Sent to Our Local Troops Overseas
- Trinity UCC Hosting "A Fair for all Seasons" Craft Fair
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers